Sunday, December 16, 2012

Reflecting

As we approach the last week of school until break, I look back to reflect on the first semester. I have learned an incredible amount already both about Spanish and about myself. Things are so much easier to see when you step back and just listen and observe. I have met a bunch of incredible people through Rotary and just while living here. There are people from all over and that speak all sorts of different languages, and it’s just amazing to think how much has changed in just three months. There are still tough times ahead and there will always be something more that I want, but for now I am happy with where things are at. I was expecting to know more Spanish by now and I think that I am just too hard on myself with what I actually to know and understand. Time will make all things better.

No comments:

Post a Comment