Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bull Fight

Alright so I went to a bull fight. It was really... good. I learned that there is a lot more than just killing a bull but at the same time, it is just them killing a bull. It is a large part of the culture here and I really wanted to take part in it. This stereotype is just not true, the only people that really enjoy bull fighting are old people. None of my friends ever go and most people think that it is pretty bad. My new host father works as a Civil Servant  He went to school for being a veterinarian and now 15 times a year he goes to various bull fights and evaluates the way they treat the bulls and how sanitary the butchers are. They eat the meat and use the parts of the bull after the fights.
I have moved families and I am having a pretty good time. I went to Malaga on Saturday as well and that was pretty fun. I am amazed by the architecture of some of the old churches and cathedrals that I see. They are really detailed and huge, and even if they were built today it would be difficult. Everything here is so much more quaint and beautiful. Its older and although I miss things there still, I really enjoy all the new things to see and do here.
School simply isn't really happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment