Monday, April 8, 2013

March, Semana Santa, Cordoba

It has been far too long since I have posted a blog. I apologize for those of you who read this, cause I should be keeping up to date with it a bit better. I have been pretty busy for the last couple of weeks, and have been blowing it off far too long. When things are good, then there is no time to write ;).

This has been an incredible experience. That is all i can really say about it. There are lots of hard times and it is far from easy, but every hardship i have gone through, is well worth it. For Semana Santa (which is the holy week before Easter) I went to Malaga to see the procession. We went on Thursday because it is the biggest procession, and there were tons of people there. It was a lot of fun, and we were able to stay with the exchange girl in Malaga. I have tons of pictures of it on Facebook, and if you want to see even more, just look up "Shona"' from my friends list (she will have even more I am sure). It was also pretty cool to see my host sister again. She came to visit for the holidays, and we had a nice time. Also she got her drivers license now, which is also pretty cool.

Then it was rough, cause I had to go back to two days of school at the very beginning of April. After a short week, I went to Cordoba with all of the Exchange Students in Andalusia. We went to the district conference for Rotary, and spent a lot of time helping set things up for the meeting. It was 4 nights and for days, but i didn't get a full nights sleep any of the nights. It was cool to meet new exchange students that live relatively nearby, and for the most part, we all got along really well.

Now I am back in school again. It is unfortunate because school is so boring and i wish I could be doing other things; but at the same time it isn't that bad because I understand more and I can participate without it being too exhausting. I reached the 7 month mark yesterday, and have a little less than three months left. This of course brings up mixed emotions all over again, but I feel for the most part that i am running a bit short on time and need to start doing some of the things I always said "oh i can do that later".

No comments:

Post a Comment